Monday, April 13, 2009

no more clever

I want to be perfect and i want to be loved. Who doesnt? I think the more you attempt to attain perfection the more it seems to slip away. Golf is one of my favorite sports. Because it is one where you have to practise the art of following through. The moment you think about what will happen after your club impacts the ball your body will attempt to control it and you will over direct the shot. The key is to practise good form in your swing and then allow your follow through to happen naturally. Easier said than done. I always trick myself into thinking i might be able to do something clever last minute that will ensure the "best drive ever". Ha. When i swing with this mentality i always swing poorly. I know plenty of "worst drives ever" that began with the best intentions. Its when i relax and just swing without the need to do something extra that i make good drives. Ugh how do you get your heart to do the same thing? How do you apply this theory when you're off the golf course? Is it ever possible to just surrender to a divine plan and let your heart just trust that its doing what it does and the right way? I want to know what things i do that hurt my hearts greatest opportunities. I want to know when im close to being on track and i want to feel home there.

Search me, Oh god, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way


1 comment:

  1. ever notice that the best shots are never felt at impact, yet at that instant it becomes entirely apparent? not so much a self-satisfaction, but a knowing...

    you needn't follow the trajectory; can unconsciously return the club to its proper place in the bag.

    while relatively new to the game (<5 years), i've come to realize that, like the archer, the truest golfer ultimately takes aim at himself.

    ReplyDelete