Thursday, January 7, 2010

Less than a thousand words

Its hard to look at a picture. The faces aren't the same anymore. A picture of light spent and passed on into paper. Who was I in that moment? What happened before and did I think was going to happen after? Was I happy? 

There are moments in time you will always remember. These add to a file that I store in the back of my head and can quickly recall by simply covering my eyes. My instant projector comes handy when I hear a name of a person I once knew or a place I visited. In a heartbeat the distant becomes close and my nose filled with intoxicating smells. A soundtrack plays on - sometimes the quiet of deep breath is all that I need to hear. Im there.

Not every photograph I have ever taken makes it into my rotation. And there are a few that look differently to the way I remember them with each year that passes. I find myself looking through the file I keep someplace - in between the file for de ja vu and dreams. My mind clearly remembers the ones that capture flushed cheeks and laughing till my throat tickles. Where are the ones I see spoiled with red eyes and parted glances? Who are these pretty strangers? 

I think you can tell the ending to a great story with just one picture. Thats the impression I get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment